- Location: Shoddy Mill Road
- Contact: 860-742-4049 -¬†Email
- Hours: Wednesdays and Saturdays
8:00 A.M. to 3:50 P.M.
Items that can be brought to the Transfer Station
- Household waste
- Bulky waste (furniture, large toys, etc)
- Recyclables (plastics 1-7, glass, cardboard – can be mixed)
- Scrap metal
- Lawn clippings and branches
- Spent oil
- Electronics, Computers (these are all recycled)
- Donations to the Salvation Army
- Deposit bottles can be donated to benefit various children’s groups.
Vehicle Stickers for admittance to the Transfer Station may be obtained at the Transfer Station during the hours that it’s open. There is NO fee for the sticker, but proof of residency is required.
The Andover Transfer Station is proud to have increased it recyclable content dramatically, and continues to encourage environmentally friendly practices. Official information about recycling in Connecticut can be found on¬†the Connecticut Recycling Page.
There is much great information available around the web, including at